Setup Free PPTP VPN in Windows 7
- From Windows 7 Desktop, click Start – Control Panel to open the control panel;
- Click Network and Internet;
- Click Network and Sharing Center;
- Click Set up a new connection or network, then Connect to a workplace;
- Select option No, create a new cnonection, then Use my Internet connection (VPN);
- In the Connect to a workplace window, fill VPN Server hostname as US.FreeHotSpotVPN.COM;
- In Next window, use freehotspotvpn as User name field, and use password found from website in the Password field;
- Click “Connect” button to start the free VPN connection in your Windows 7 Desktop.
Setup Free PPTP VPN in Windows XP
Setup Free PPTP VPN in Windows 8
- From Windows XP desktop, click Start – Control Panel to open the control panel;
- Click Network Connections icon, open the Network Connections window;
- Click Next button to get the first “New Connection Wizard” Welcome window;
- Select “Connect to the network at my workspace” in “Network Connection Type” window, click Next;
- Select “Virtual Private Network connection” in “Network Connection” window, click Next;
- Enter FreeHotSpotVPN.COM as the VPN connection name, click Next;
- Enter VPN Server hostname as US.FreeHotSpotVPN.COM, click Next;
- Click “Finish” button.
- Now the VPN login window shows up,use freehotspotvpn as the User name and password found from website as Password, click “Connect” button to start your free Win XP VPN connection!
- Click on “Open Network and Sharing Center” from the network icon from the taskbar or click on “Network and Sharing center” from Control Panel;
- Click on “Set up a new connection or network”;
- Select “Connect to a workplace and click “Next”;
- Choose “Use my Internet Connection (VPN)”;
- In the “Internet Address” field use US.FreeHotSpotVPN.COM as hostname. In the “Destination name” field type “FreeHotSpotVPN.COM”;
- Click “Create”;
- Click on the monitor icon on the bottom right-hand corner;
- Right–click on the “FreeHotSpotVPN.COM” connection, and choose “Properties” from the menu.
- Select “Security” tab and for “Type of VPN” select “Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)”;
- Click “OK”;
- Click again on the monitor icon on the bottom right-hand corner, and click “Connect” to “FreeHotSpotVPN.COM”;
- In the next fields type “freehotspotvpn” as VPN username and VPN password found from website and click “OK”;
- When next to “FreeHotSpotVPN.COM” is written “Connected” your connection has been created.
Setup Free PPTP VPN in Linux Ubuntu
- Open Network Manager – From the desktop click on the Network Manager icon in the top right hand corner, click on VPN Connections and Configure VPN. If you can’t see the Network Manager icon, you can open network manager by clicking on System -> Preferences -> Network Configuration and then click on the VPN tab.
- Add VPN connection – When the VPN Connection window is displayed, click on Add to create the new connection.
- Choose the connection type – Ensure the connection type is PPTP and click Create.
- Enter VPN Account Details – For gateway enter US.FreeHotSpotVPN.COM as the VPN server name. In the Connection name field, enter “FreeHotSpotVPN.COM” as the new connection name, Enter “freehotspotvpn” as VPN username and Password found form website as VPN password too.
- Advanced Settings – Select both MSCHAP and MSCHAPv2 options. Check the box labeled Use Point to Point encryption (MPPE) and then click OK. Click OK again to save the VPN connection.
- Connect to the VPN – Now start the VPN connection by clicking on the Network Manager Icon again, select VPN Connections and click on the new connection you have created.
- You’re connected! – The Network Manager icon should now have a little padlock icon on it to indicate that the VPN is now connected.
Setup Free PPTP VPN in Mac OS X
- From Mac OS X 10.x (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion), click Top Left Apple Icon, then click “System Preferences…” menu item, in opened Window, click “Network” icon;
- In opened Network window, Click on the ‘+’ button at bottom left corner, in the next opened window, input the following, then click “Create” button:
- Interface: VPN
- VPN Type: PPTP
- Service Name: FreeHotSpotVPN.COM
- In the next window, enter the VPN Server information as US.FreeHotSpotVPN.COM, use Automatic (128 bit or 40 bit ) for Encryption, then click Apply button;
- Click the Advanced… button and under the Options tab make sure to check Send all traffic over VPN Connection option, click OK button, click Apply button again.
- Now click Connect button in the middle of the window, from the Internet Connect window, please use freehotspotvpn in the name field, and use password found from website in the password field, click “OK” button to start your free VPN connection in your Mac OS X desktop!